As a member of AADPA, you will become part of a growing professional network that seeks to ensure the ongoing promotion of evidence-based research, diagnosis, treatment and management of ADHD for the lifetime benefit of individuals with ADHD and their families across Australia.
Our members come from a range of fields including academia, clinical practice (psychiatry, paediatrics, psychology), coaching, education and allied healthcare. We are committed to the highest standards and working together with our members to advance the diverse field of ADHD and closely related conditions in Australia via professional development, education, advocacy, policy development and promotion.
AADPA offers three membership types
AADPA Membership Benefits
Gain resources, support and guidance from
Australia’s leading professional ADHD community.
Enjoy access to member-only ADHD resources and training as well as the shared insights and experiences of those within the community for continued professional development and support.
Available to Full and Associate members interested in obtaining referrals via exposure to potential clients/patients and health professionals looking for the appropriate skills in your local area.
Draw on the collective experience of the AADPA board and fellow members via email and gain comprehensive responses to your questions about ADHD and related conditions.
A Full Member is an individual who:
- has been practising in the research, diagnosis, treatment or management of ADHD or related conditions for a period of at least 3 years and satisfies any educational requirements for a Full Member as determined by the Board, and is either;
- i) a medical practitioner, psychologist, scientist, pharmacist or other health or education professional and who has received appropriate postgraduate training relevant to the research, diagnosis, treatment or management of ADHD or related conditions; OR
- ii) in the opinion of the Board, has made a worthwhile contribution to the research, diagnosis, treatment or management of ADHD or related conditions.
Full Membership Fee: $250*
* includes a $100 one-off joining fee + $150 annual membership fee (exc gst)Apply For Full Membership
An Associate Member is an individual who is:
- is in the process of completing advanced training related to ADHD or closely related conditions, but otherwise ineligible to be admitted as a Full Member; or
- a suitably qualified person as determined by the Board who is interested in ADHD research, diagnosis, treatment or management or are starting their practice in the field of ADHD; or
- any individual who has made a contribution to the cause of ADHD or those affected by ADHD that the Board considers worthy of recognition with membership and whom the Board invites to apply for membership.
Associate Membership Fee: $125*
* includes a $50 one-off joining fee + $75 annual membership fee (exc gst)Apply For Associate Membership
A Student Member is an individual who is:
- an enrolled undergraduate or postgraduate student of a university, a centre of tertiary education, or learned college; and
- undertaking full or part-time training or studies related to ADHD or closely related conditions; but
- otherwise ineligible for admission under any other membership category.
Student Membership: $75*
* includes a $25 one-off joining fee + $50 annual membership fee (exc gst)Apply For Student Membership