Competition Entended!! Entries Close 14 November 2021
To acknowlege ADHD Awareness Month, share the poem, "My Brain Is Like A Race Car" in the most creative way possible and you could win a $200 Westfield gift card!
Entry is open to all Australian citizens over the age of 18 and can be in any creative format. For example, they can be in the form of a poster, simple animation, film or video, song, picture book, narrative illustration, or comic. The options are endless
The winning entry will receive a $200 Westfield gift card and be shared on the AADPA website for all to see!
The poem, which aims to help foster self-awareness, self-acceptance, and self-compassion in adults with ADHD, was written by Lou Brown. The theme of the poem aligns with the consumer identified need for recovery-focused care that promotes adaptation and personal empowerment, as per AADPA’s yet to be published paper, It’s Time to Bridge the Gap – Understanding the Unmet Needs of Consumers with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder: A Systematic Review and Recommendations.
- Download the PDF copy of the poem here.
- Get creative! You can submit as many entries as you would like as long as each entry is your own original work.
- Upload your file to the entry form below with your contact information.
- Accepted file types are PDF, Jpeg, Gif or PNG format. Max file size is 10MB.
- Video & Audio Files! If you’ve created a video or audio entry, host your video or audio files with your favourite hosting platform and add a link to your video or audio entry in the entry form below.
Terms & Conditions
- Entries close at midnight AEST on the 14th November, 2021
- This competition is open to all Australian citizens aged 18 and over at the time of entry.
- Entry into the competition is free and participants may submit as many entries as they like as long as each is their original work.
- All eligible entries will be judged by Lou Brown, Prof. Mark Bellgrove and Assoc. Prof. Emma Sciberras.
- The entry deemed the “most creative and original” will win a $200 Westfield gift card.
- Judging decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the competition, participants agree, that their submission may be used for any promotional purposes by AADPA including featured on the AADPA website.
- Copyright of the poem’s text remains with Louise Brown