Entries close 31 October 2021
AADPA is seeking original illustrations from young Australian’s with ADHD aged 5-18, to be published in our children’s book, "Some Kids".
“Some Kids” will be made available on the AADPA website to download for free once completed. The book, authored by Lou Brown, aims to help protect the self-esteem of children with ADHD. The theme of the book aligns with the consumer identified need for recovery-focused care that promotes adaptation and personal empowerment, as per AADPA’s yet to be published paper, “It’s Time to Bridge the Gap – Understanding the Unmet Needs of Consumers with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder: A Systematic Review and Recommendations”.
- Choose one or multiple spreads from Some Kids to illustrate (click here for a text-only spread of the book)
- Download the PDF template of the book and print the page/s that you’d like to illustrate onto white A4 paper.
- Match your illustration to the text on the page covering as much of the area within the lines as possible.
- Make sure your illustration is 20cm x 20cm and be careful to keep your illustration within the lines so it will fit within the edges of the book.
- Use anything you like to create your artwork – paints, pencils, crayons, etc but make sure to use lighter colours near the text
- When you’ve finished, scan or take a high-quality photo of your artwork.
- Complete the entry form below and upload your picture/s.
Terms & Conditions
- Entries close on the 31st of October, 2021
- This competition is open to all young Australian’s who are diagnosed with ADHD and are aged 5-18 years at the time of entry.
- Entry into the competition is free and participants may submit as many illustrations as they like as long as each is their original work.
- Participants must keep their original artwork safe and avoid bending, folding or crinkling the paper.
- Successful participants will be required to post their original artwork to AAPDA.
- The winning illustrations will be chosen by Lou Brown, Mark Bellgrove and Emma Sciberras. Any decisions they make will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By submitting an illustration, participants agree, if shortlisted, to have their illustration/s included in the final downloadable version/s of the book “Some Kids”. Copyright of the book’s text remains with Louise Brown.
- Included illustrators will be required to sign a Letter of Agreement prior to the book being published, and will be acknowledged by name in the book.